It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: It will not start
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:03 pm 
3000 rpm

Hi All,

Just wondering where to start with this little issue. I tried to start the car today, it turned over well enough as I keep the battery topped up. It has not been started for a few months though.
It just keeps turning over, there is a spark and I have have removed the spark plugs and misted a little fuel in to the cylinders prime it a bit. It splutters at this point, attempts to start but it seems there is no ongoing supply of fuel. I disconnected the fuel supply to the injectors and turned the ignition on, whether there should be a burst of fuel at that point I cannot remember.
When I turn the ignition on but there are couple of clicks which appear to come from both the offside near the battery, abs I think, and also from the relays on the offside just near the lhm reservoir.

I am hoping the cause is a relay or possibly a fuse but any tips would be appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Dave

Edit
Been looking around and found previous problems and suggestions, I am going to try a newer battery and try to check some of the things in the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1877&start=45

I am thinking it is pump related but relay or pump, not sure.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: It will not start
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:32 pm 
3000 rpm

Well it starts now. :mrgreen: After checking around a few sites and an Aussiefrogs page I decided on the off chance to check the two relays on the offside, did not really intend to do anything today. They are (were) wrapped in a cellophane type cover. I removed the cover from the one nearest the front of the car and disconnected the block. I turned the ignition on to listen for the click I had been hearing from that area and there was none. There are two yellow wires going into this block, I am guessing the same two that come from the pump. I connected the block and disconnected it a couple of times and then with it connected not expecting much I turned the ignition (arm through window) to listen for the click, there wasn't one, I thought I had not turned it far enough so a bit more and it fired up straight way. Got a bit of a surprise!.
I class myself as very lucky.

Offline Profile